POSITION TITLE: Billing Specialist
REPORTS TO: Billing Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: Health First Urgent Care, Pasco
Maximizes the organization’s cash flow by a prompt and efficient collection of accounts receivables.
Responsible for timely submission of medical claims to insurance companies and follow-up on open
• Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by
• Addresses issues that may prevent the timely payment of claims such as billing errors.
• Posts insurance and/or patient payments.
• Researches denials, partial payments and overpayments to reconcile patient accounts.
• Follows up on unpaid/underpaid claims within timely filing limits.
• Alerts management to irregularities, patient trends and areas of concern.
• Completes written appeals of claims that have been incorrectly paid by insurance companies.
• Responds to patient inquiries in a timely manner.
• Prepares/reviews and sends patient statements.
• Performs various collection actions including, but not limited to contacting patients by phone,
correcting and resubmitting claims to secondary payors, etc.
• Evaluates patient’s financial status and sets up payment plans when applicable.
• Reviews accounts for possible referral to collection agency.
• Minimum of 2-5 years prior experience in medical billing preferred
• ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• Certification in billing
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour based on experience, additional opportunity for bonus pay
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance